Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Zoya Ciara

The Zoya sale last week prompted me to go track down a bottle of Zoya so I could try it out before deciding if I wanted to order or not.  I stopped by Blooming Beauty, which carries the full range of Zoya and a ton of OPI and Nubar (though no Prisms yet darn it!).  I walked in expecting to buy a bottle of Gwin but decided that it was too bright and that I should really try a creme first rather than a duochrome or frost.  I tend to have better luck with creme application and there is usually fewer brush marks and  drag issues so to be fair I picked up Ciara.  This is not a typical color for me, it is a lot brighter than it looks in this photo. Well in daylight it is, in dim light it looks almost like a red plum. 
 
Zoya Ciara (2 coats) with top.  The ridge line on my ring finger is from poor application of Seche, I was in a rush to get my dog to his best friend's birthday party.....yes birthday party for a dog.

Let me preface this by saying that I like thick polishes, it lets me be lazy and do 2 coats. Besides I fail at applying thin coats so thick polishes make me feel like I am doing something right as there isn't any streakiness. This polish applied like cement, or white out...remember painting your nails with white out in middle school?  Anyway it was REALLY viscous and didn't flow off the brush at all and was very slow to dry.   Next time I use this I am definitely going to add thinner.  On the positive side the color was very vibrant and it really didn't smell as much strongly as many other polishes.  I mean it smelled still, just not as much.  

I really like the idea of investing in some less stinky polishes, I feel like I am gassing my poor husband and friends regularly.  Does anyone know if all the Zoya's are thick or did I just get a partially dried out bottle?

And just so you believe me....
 
My puppy Indy...yes we named the dog Indiana

3 comments:

  1. Indy is a quality name!
    I agree, I wish polishes weren't so stinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's strange? I have two bottles of Zoya, and they were borderine frost/shimmers, and they were REALLY thin. So thin to the point where it was almost like water. I think the main problem is that the consistency of the polishes isn't consistent? HAHA pun-ny. Okay, sorry. But seriously WTFreak Zoya. I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned anything about formula issues. Maybe it's just us? =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn I saw someone else mention that they had issues with them being thick before but I can't remember who....I'll go check my standard research sites :)

    ReplyDelete