Thursday, February 4, 2010

My First Essie - Love, Beverly Hills xx

This is a bit early for Valentines Day but since everyone is getting in the spirit early I felt the need for a red.  I was going to save it for later this week but I fail at patience and self control reguarly.

As unbelievable as this sounds until this weekend I had never owned an Essie polish, or even used an Essie polish.  I was lemming for some Color Club and thought I would see if there was any left at Ross (our Ross is dingy and disorganized, it was a possible just not likely).  There wasn't any but I did find a tiny box containing a bottle of Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx which according to the box contains 24K gold.  It definitely had a gold shimmer in the bottle.  It was on clearance for three bucks and red. I have a long standing love affair with red polish and frankly on any given day of the week my toes are red.  For three bucks, what the heck? 

 
Love, Beverly Hills (2 coats) with top coat with and without flash

I used non Essie base and top coat so this is just the polish.  It seemed to apply well, covering in 2 coats though it did seem to dry slow.  I was pretty underwhelmed by the polish the night I put it on.  The next day in fluorescent lighting the shimmer and the sheer redness grew on me.  I think I read a description of this polish somewhere as being opulent.  I disagreed initially but after wearing it it for a while "opulent" seemed to fit.  It is a luxurious red.   I don't know how often I will wear it but it seems like a good color for my toes and "conservative" events where I want something just shy of being over the top.

1 comment: