So the Olympics got me in the mood for some metallics so I am declaring this week metal week, well I might save a couple days for Alice in Wonderland themed polish since the movie is out Friday. I realized after watching the USA take the bronze medal in woman's bobsled that I don't own a bronze polish. So I set out to make one that matched the bronze medal from this years games.
2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Bronze Medal
- Wet n Wild Shine Clear
- Sinful Colors Mercury Rising
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow (Oro or Mink, the label is missing)
- Mix 1/2 a bottle of WnW clear with 1/2 tsp of NYX eyehadow and 3 ballz, mix well.
- Add 20 drops Mercury Rising (this just adds some depth and makes it less gold)
- This only makes about 2/3 of an ounce.
Bronze Medal (3 coats) and top with flash , excuse the tip wear I wore this for over 24 hours before I remembered to charge the camera batter.
Bronze Medal in sort of sunlight, minimal tip wear after almost 36 hours, pretty amazing actually.
Since the actual medal is a combination of brushed and shiny bronze I decided on day 3 to Konad using CG Matte Magic. This was utter fail as the Matte Magic kept drying before I could get it stamped and then I ended up with white film hanging off my nails.