Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lemming Luck - OPI My Private Jet

About two weeks ago I was trolling through my favorite nail supply store in DFW looking for OPI Merry Midnight.  It was nowhere to be found but as I strolled down the discontinued OPI polish aisle I saw a dark bottle sitting in an old OPI Brights display tucked away on a top shelf.  As I picked it up I got a little excited....could it be?  I flipped the bottle over...YES.  OPI My Private Jet, the holo version, and it looked like the old version.  I am not 100% sure though on whether this is the original batch or not as this is the only bottle of MPJ I have ever seen in real life. 
 
OPI My Private Jet
Initially I tried this with a top coat but it was just not as shiny or holographic that way so I slapped another coat of polish on top.  I like this but I think I like Color Club Revvvolution better from looking at it on other people.  I still want to try Revvvolution and Daimond Cosmetics Chainmail Charm.
 
OPI My Private Jet
OPI My Private Jet with flash

 
OPI My Private Jet sunlight

 
Close Up

So what do you guys think, is this the original My Private Jet Formula?

4 comments:

  1. This is either batch one or batch two. It isn't the teal flash batch, and its definitely not batch four, so you have one of the "good" batches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! Since I haven't seen the others it is really tough to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a LONG TIME lemming for me I wish I lived close to you, especially if its the old version (more charcoal) rather than the new version (more chocolate). I am currently wearing Chain mail charm, and it is awesome! From what I can tell, MPJ has more Holo action than CMC. :L)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both the original and one of the newer MPJs and this is definitely the original. Congrats on finding it!

    ReplyDelete