Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Mothership....

Snow days are great!  So I live in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex and we have this incredible nail supply store about 20 minutes from me.   Its seriously the mecca of nailpolish....my husband calls it my new mothership.  Since school was canceled today I decided to go on a hunt for my latest lemming, Merry Midnight (which I somehow missed last fall).

The store is literally walls of polish, and everything you could possibly need to open your own nail salon.  The specialize in discontinued OPI polishes but the also have a ton of discontinued China Glaze, Orly, Essie, Color Club, Jade, CM, and New York Summer.  They have most of the current collections of CG, OPI, Essie, Orly and, CND.  I have been meaning to bring my camera by the store so I could share its awesomeness with everyone but I keep forgetting.  These were snapped on my cell phone.

 OPC Nail Supply
 
The Discontinued OPI Aisle

They didn't have Merry Midnight, I think I am out of luck on it, but I did find a bottle of OPI My Private Jet.  I am pretty sure it's the good one, it looks amazing in the bottle I will have to try it out this week.

I also stopped by the Korean supermarket on a hot tip that they carried Konad plates.  Amazingly the Hello Kitty store at the local Super Hmart does in fact carry Konad plates and some basic special polishes and stampers.
 
Here is my haul for the day
 Plate M3, M51, M54, M66, and M69

11 comments:

  1. I'm moving into that store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    wow -wow- wow - can you make it so the pictures go big? i would love to see details♥♥♥

    I cannot believe that a real store like this exists in the world!

    *booking a flight Dallas*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love nail meccas? There's a few where I live too.. it's kinda bad because the owners are starting to recognize my face. =[ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I don't have a store like that...I would have no money for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will work on the pictures, though since I took them on my crappy cell camera they will be bad.

    I try to limit myself to once a month, so the owner doesn't know me on site yet. Everytime I go in she asks me if I am a nail technician. I always tell her the same thin...."No I just have a problem."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok all the interior photos will enlarge now when clicked. They are a bit blurry but I think I can see the spot where Merry Midnight is supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy balls. I can't believe a store like that even exists. *jealousy pangs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. why can i not find a nail mecca in the san francisco bay area?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, new thread idea. Names and addresses of nail mecca's....

    I will start that this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!! dammit how much is a flight from Toronto to Dallas!?

    I'm sooooooooo jealous that you have this at your fingertips! lol pun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so Jealous! That store looks awesome, did you swatch the Opi yet? Ive ben lemming the "old version" for quite some time now?!

    ReplyDelete