Thursday, February 11, 2010

Franken of the Week and Valentine Konad #2

I am a little behind on posting Valentines manicures so I am using today's snow day (yay) to catch up a bit.  Earlier this week I decided to work on a franken a little outside my comfort zone....light pink.  Well actually I made two frankens this week, one is a dark pink and the other is a much paler version of the same color.

Materials:
  • Sinful Colors Social Ladder
  • OPI Marooned on the Subway
  • Fingerpaints Chroma Coral
  • WnW French White Creme
  • Pure Ice Gold Mist
  • random clear topcoat
  • 2 bottles
  • Ballz
 Franken 1 (dark pink):
  1. Mix 1/3 of a bottle of Social Ladder with 1/5 bottle of Chroma Coral and 15 drops Marooned on the Subaway.  
  2. Add 30 drops WnW French White Creme
  3. Shake well
Franken 2 (light pink)
  1. Pour 1/4 of the mixed franken into a new bottle
  2. Add 1/4 of a bottleclear
  3. Add 1/5 of  Social Ladder and 1/4 of a bottle of French White Creme to lighten the polish.
  4. Add 20 drops of Gold Mist 
  5. Shake well

     
    Bubblegum (left) and Bugbite (right)
    So the polish on the right is really outside my wheelhouse, its very ummmm....pink.  When I first put it on I thought is was a pepto bismol color, but then I smudged my thumbnail and had to take the polish off to fix it.  The polish on the cotton ball looked exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Calamine lotion, so I am calling it Bugbite.  The darker polish is pretty much the color of bubblegum.
     
    Bugbite in sunlight, it has a slight shimmer from the Social Ladder and Chroma Coral

    I frankly couldn't handle this color solo for an entire day (really, really pastel pink) so I decided to Konad over it. First I stamped the fishnet pattern from M57 using the Konad Special polish white and then used the flowers from the same plate with the Bubblegum franken.
    Bugbite base coat, Konad White, and Bubblegum

    Always remember that nail polishes don't always play well with each other.  If you are going to play mad scientist proceed at your own risk and use proper safety procedures....yes I am a science teacher.  I am not suggesting that frankening is risk free and my franken recipes are just me recounting how I mixed up my latest potion. I take no responsibility for your mad scientist experiments.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment