Thursday, January 28, 2010

Warlock


I have a confession, I am an addict.  No not to nail polish, ok that too but that's not my confession.  I am a WoW addict.  For those of you that don't know what I am talking about WoW is  short for World of Warcraft a massive multiplayer role-play game...a.k.a. a computer game.  So three nights a week I sit in front of my computer and type and talk through a microphone to 24 other people while we try to kill new imaginary bad guys to obtain digital loot and a gain a sense of accomplishment.  I can't really explain why I do it but I enjoy it most days.

The thing is that there is a lot of wait time associated with getting 24 other people all ready to play at the same time (even though we have a set start time), so most nights I use that time to change my nail polish.  Last week I was sitting at my desk staring at my character and thinking I should make a nail polish that matches her.  Ok I know that is weird but I think she is cute and I like the colors associated with her.  I play a warlock in the game and she typically cast spells and wears equipment in shades of purple, bright green and black.
She casts purple and pink spells so imagine that with the green

Materials:
  • Sinful Colors I Love You
  • Sally Girl Glitter - Fuchsia
  • Chartreuse glitter
  • Chelsea Twilight Purple
  • Fingerpaints base coat (my bottle was half full)
  • Clear Top coat
  • Ballz

  1. Add  1/8 of a bottle Sunful Colors I Love You to the Fingerpaints base coat
  2. Add 2 small funnels each of chartreuse and fuchsia glitter
  3. Add 6 drops Chelsea Twilight Purple (for shimmer)
  4. Add ballz
  5. Top off with clear
  6. Shake well 

The chartreuse  glitter isn't very shinny, it is really sticky and likes to settle.  I really have to shake the bottle before using it.

Though I intended for this to be a sheer polish for layering over another appropriately warlocky color, I thought I would check it out solo first.
Its very hard to see the fuchsia glitter with multiple coats layered.  Three coats with a coat of Seche.

Here is is layered over some random polishes in my stash. 
WnW Black Creme
Rimmel  Night Before
Fingerpaints Sketched and Etched
Pure Ice Splash


I like it over both the Night Before and the Sketched and Etched.  The Night Before lets you see both colors of glitter the Sketched and Etched makes the green stand out more.  I was feeling a little brighter so I decided on the Fingerpaints.

One coat Warlock over 2 coats Finger paints Sketched and Etched and a close up of the glitter
I know its strange but it was fun combining my two addictions. Now when I look at my nails in the morning I will think about goofing off after work and who knows maybe it will bring me some good luck while playing tomorrow night.

Always remember that nail polishes don't always play well with each other.  If you are going to play mad scientist proceed at your own risk and use proper safety procedures....yes I am a science teacher.  I am not suggesting that frankening is risk free and my franken recipes are just me recounting how I mixed up my latest potion. I take no responsibility for your mad scientist experiments. 

5 comments:

  1. Lol, 'lock polish, that's awesome! I have an 80 Human Warlock, haha, so I totally understand. I'm not playing right this very second (taking a break), but there are many a night I've changed my polish while waiting for everyone to get ready for the raid/dungeon.

    Cool to see there's another polish-enthused lady WoW player out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca!

    I was putting this on last night while raiding and one of my friends was complaining she needed Druid polish, now I need to go find a leaf or moon shaped glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing some home made polishes myself lately.

    I tagged you for Best Blog Award here:
    http://bibasbeautycorner.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete