Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teal Appeal

When I was 21 a family friend asked my sister and I to be bridesmaids in her wedding.  We were of course honored and excited as this would be the first wedding we were part of the bridal party.  Months past and several fittings later we were both the owners of teal bridesmaids dresses.  It was a shinny taffeta fabric, off the shoulder, fitted to the waist with a VERY full tea length gathered...skirt with a bow.  A typical bridesmaid's dress for the mid nineties.  Unfortunately the style was the worst possible style for me, I was too busty, the skirt made my butt look much larger than reality and the skirt hit the widest part of my calf.  Since then I have always associated teal with that dress and avoided it, that is until last fall.  In October I found a beautiful peacock teal cowl neck sweater that looks fabulous on me.  I am in love with this sweater, as a result I am now totally infatuated with the color teal.

In the hopes of finding the perfect polish to match my sweater, or at least convey the happy feeling I have when I don the sweater, I began a search for the "perfect teal" creme.  I wanted a creme originally because I was also obsessed with cremes at the moment due to an encounter with CG China Rouge, but that is a different post.

No comments:

Post a Comment