Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teal Appeal - RBL Teal

I searched high and low on the internet for teal cremes and I found only two that seemed teal not turquoise to my eyes.  The first of these was RBL Teal (well duh, google teal and what do you think you get).  Happily they ran a 50% off polish internet sale and my polish buddy was placing an order so she included a bottle of Teal for me as a Christmas gift.  An awesome gift!


RBL Teal one coat, 2 coats Seche Quick Dry

If you haven't tried RBL polishes you really can't understand the fact that they are worth every cent of the $18 price tag.  I was highly doubtful of the promise of bottle color in one coat but its true.  If you are careful in application full coverage of bottle color is possible in one coat.  The swatch above is one fairly thick coat with two coats of Seche as I wanted my nails to be really smooth and glass like.  The first coat wasn't quite smooth enough so I slapped on a second coat before bed.

I adore this nail polish, I treasure the bottle, I seriously take better care of it than I do my normal polish.  The color is deep, highly pigmented and gorgeous.  It looks fabulous with my teal sweater.  That being said it isn't really the same color as the photo on the RBL site.  It is darker and more blue, there is less green.  There is a green tint to it but there is also a heavy dose of ink blue there with a slightly dusty quality.  While is is one of my favorite polishes and I am wearing it for the third time in a month, as Obi Wan Kenobi would say "This is not the the teal you are looking for."  The search continued....

On a side note...
You might be able to tell from the swatch that I have what appears to be tip wear on all of my nails.  I put this mani on late last night, watched some Top Gear on TV and waited for it to dry then tucked myself in for the night.  When I went to sleep my nails were perfect, when I woke up there was a very slight white rim on all my nails.....shrinkage!  ACK, shrinkage on a RBL mani!  What a waste of a perfectly beautiful polish.  I am pretty sure the culprit is the two coats of Seche as used it last week on a glitter and had a similar result (though much more extreme).  Has anyone else had issues with shrinkage using Seche or combinations of certain topcoats and RBL polishes?  I would really like to leave this polish on for several days but the appearance of tip wear is going to result in me taking it off fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment